Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Joe Biden




I had Joe Biden to myself for 3 photographs yesterday after he spoke to a crowd of 3,000 plus in Media, PA. Tom Namako arranged for a one and one interview and published his Q&A in this week's CP.

I wanted to use a ringflash, hoping I'd find an interesting texture to shoot against for a different political portrait. They set us up in a dirty white tent that had no feeling whatsoever. I asked if we could shoot outside the tent, against the evening sky, since the tent felt like a homeless hub. The point person asked the press rep, who asked another rep, who asked the secret service, who asked his campaign manager, who asked Joe, if I could shoot against the sky. I got the green light, fired off a handful of frames while he answered questions and took three photographs when he was done.

No comments: